Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day One

I have decided to join the ranks of the knit bloggers. This is in part to add my voice to the growing number of male knitters and also to provide an outlet to share and brag about my knitting.

I started knitting about six months ago primarily as a way to learn something new and be a little creative. Somehow, I managed to get a little addicted and seem to spend more and more time knitting and perusing the numerous great blogs around. There are so many wonderful resources online that I have pretty much learned everything I needed to know from the comfort of my home-and for free!

Unfortunately, I have made some mistakes. Case in point, my first yarn purchase:


I really loved the colors and the price was perfect for the yardage. Too perfect. Yes, the one-pound skein with unending yardage that I got for less than $3 was in fact 100% acrylic. I was such a newbie that I didn't even think to look at the fiber content. It did serve its purpose and allowed me to make several practice swatches cheaply. Unfortunately, there is a ton of it left, but I don't think there is anything I could make out of it that I would actually use. Mostly, I just use it for waste yarn. Oh well, live and learn.

No comments: