Wednesday, June 13, 2007

FO: Koohaas

The brooklyntweed inspired Koolhaas hat is finished.

I used one skein of Reynolds Whiskey in 'Light Olive' (#103) on Needlemaster circulars & Knitpicks dpns size US3 (3.25mm). This gave me a gauge of 7.5 stitches per inch. I started on June 4th and finished on June 12th. I didn't have a pattern to follow (which is becoming a trend), but I had Jared's photos for inspiration.

I could easily figure out the body of the hat which is a modified diamond pattern where the traveling line coming from the right is always on top and all knit stitches are twisted. Unfortunately, I didn't know weight details about the yarn so as to deduce the number of pattern repeats. I also couldn't find any pictures in Jared's flickr set of the top of the hat, so I just decided to be creative with it.
This is a great hat design, and I'm sure Jared has a good reason for delaying sharing it. Hopefully we will see it published somewhere soon. Until then, I will refrain from listing additional details and spoiling his fun. But I do recommend you try this one, either on your own or from the worth-the-wait instructions.

1 comment:

Macoco said...

Beautiful hat! The color is gorgeous.